Last Saturday while driving up to Rocky Mountain National Park, we decided to stop by the Boulder County Farmer’s Market to get a bite to eat and to peruse the local farmers fruit/veggie/meat/poultry stands. Hands down this market is worth the drive and what a wonderful way to spend a glorious Saturday morning.
Since 1987, the Boulder Farmer’s Market has become a community icon. Local farmer’s provide patrons with the freshest, just picked and many provide organic goods from veggies to soaps, pastries to popcorn. If you are ever in Boulder on a Wednesday afternoon or Saturday morning, this farmer’s market is the best that Colorado offers.
You can also find stunning flowers, gourmet cheeses and wines sold by local farmers who produce them.
Boulder boasts many accolades as seen in this list from The City of Boulder:
- America’s Foodiest Town – CoutureColorado.com, June 5, 2012.
- Nine Fittest Towns of the West (#3) – Sunset, June 5, 2012.
- America’s Top 50 Bike-Friendly Cities (#3) – Bicycling, May 21, 2012.
- Most Well-Read Cities in America (#5) – Amazon.com, May 15, 2012.
- Top 10 Cities for Affordable Vacations (#7) – Livability.com, April 20, 2012.
- Tree City USA – National Arbor Day Foundation (for the 28th consecutive year).
- Best Restaurant Neighborhood – 2012 (Pearl Street Mall) – Westword, March 2012.
- Skinniest City in America – Gallup polls, March 7, 2012.
- Top 10 cities for well-being (#5) – Gallup polls, March 7, 2012.
- Most bike-friendly vacation cities (#4) – Virgin Vacations, March 7, 2012.
- Top 10 Foodie Cities (#3) –Livability.com, Feb. 17, 2012.
- Top 10 College Towns, 2011 (#1) – Livability.com, Feb. 7, 2012.
- America’s Healthiest Metros (#3) – The Atlantic Cities, Jan. 3, 2012.
Photo Source: Anna Sullivan Photography